Monday 28 January 2013

New Year, Shallow Me...

I am not one for New Years resolutions. I always break them. It gets to the 2nd and I accidentally have junk food. It gets to a Saturday and I'm back to socially smoking after one too many tequilas, so I am not having resolutions, but aims, and my aims for this year are:

To be dead skinny
Write more
Have a wardrobe Serena van der Woodsen would envy

Shallow? Yes, but whilst you read this and judge, I am grateful that those are my only problems. I am in a very glass half full mood.

I am 5' 6" and currently weigh 11 stoneish. Telling you this is probably the most brave thing I have done in a while. I weigh myself everyday. Obsessive? Maybe, but it's how I decide what I am going to eat each day. Whether I am going to go wild and have semi skimmed milk in my coffee, cheese in my mash or if I'm lighter than usual like today, chips and curry sauce for lunch. Then tomorrow when I've put on that extra pound, it's back to trying to be healthy.

I haven't always been like this. I used to eat what I wanted, whenever I wanted. I was also the other side of twenty and played sports. Then university happened. Then 12 stone happened and my clothes didn't fit properly. I refused to get to the stage where spanx became a necessity, so I lost weight, put it back on and finally I knew I needed to fix up. Bootcamp. Lost a stoneish. I now state to my friends that I want to lose another stone, but truth be told, I want to lose a stone and half and be dead skinny, if only I can keep my bottom. A flat bottom has never and will never be in. I am also a bridesmaid for one of my best friends in April and I am getting the dress ordered in a 10. I am currently a size 12. This shit just got serious.

As you can see I am already starting to write more, so last but by no means least. Wardrobe. As soon as I get paid I spend it on bills then clothes. For the last two weeks of the month I'm on the bones of my arse and cheer myself up by scrolling through ebay, asos and Topshop for when the 6th of the month arrives and the vicious cycle of being 25 with very little savings starts again, but for now I wouldn't have it any other way. Some items in my wardrobe are timeless, others, not so much and I constantly need to replenish. I will soon have a Serena (played by Blake Lively) wardrobe.

Just look at her....

Image courtest of http://youralmostalice.blogspot.co.uk
Casual or dressed to the nines, this girl actually makes you green with envy, before the appreciation of her style and beauty takes over. Serena has definitely rubbed off on Blake because she was not this hot in Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants.

Following suit I am now going for classy. The short bodycon skirts are in the drawer and the pencils and midis are out to play, which was very noticeable at the weekend when I went out for drinks. I'm opting for darker shades like navy, maroon, greens, mustards and black, to go with big heels and warm tones on my lips. Yes, I have started wearing lipstick. Below are a few of my recent looks, as you can see my friends are big on the peplum trend, but I just don't have the body for it yet. Just watch this space.

 

I will be updating you on my progression with my aims....What are yours? 

x

No comments:

Post a Comment