Wednesday 30 January 2013

10 things I still do even though I'm an adult...

There are things you do when you are little, things that become habit, things you do hoping it will make a change. The following are all three. My secret, well not so much anymore list of things that I should have grown out of but havent...

1. Avoid cracks in the pavement. The old saying of step on a crack, you break your mother's back was why I used to avoid them but now, I don't know, the superstition stuck.

2. Avoid walking on 1 or 3 slabs/drain covers, if I do cross my fingers.

3. Blow at traffic lights willing them to change to green. If you have seen Corina Corina you know what I mean.

4. Take 3 steps backwards if a black cat crosses my path.

5. Still bagsy/bagsy not/shotgun. This applies to cars, answering doors etc. Whoever says it first does or does not do the thing in question depending on the situation.

6. 'Swear on your Mom's life' by saying this, whatever was initially questioned is now fact!

7. Nap in the afternoon. Not so much now I've left uni and have a full time job but come the weekend I try to squeeze one in. Nothing more refreshing.

8. Guess the advert. Not so much fun now I live on my own but when I was little my Mom, sister and I used to guess the adverts before it showed any branding.

9. Leave the crusts on sandwiches. Not because the curly hair thing, they're just not my favourite.

10. Watch Children's TV. It may not be as good as it used to but I seem to have an obsession with it. At the moment I favour iCarly, Victorious, Good Luck Charlie, and Life with Boys.

So the cat is now out the bag, I genuinely do all these things, more even. Some habit, superstition, obsession others just because I'm a big kid at heart.

Do you happen to do things you should have grown out of?

X

No comments:

Post a Comment