Tuesday 24 July 2012

Birthday comedown...

So once I get on a hype about something there is no stopping me, and like I have said before I LOVE LOVE LOVE birthdays. On Sunday I turned a quarter of a century and I had an amazing weekend of celebrations.

It all started with work on Friday. I am 7 weeks ish into a new job and although at times I get panicky about messing up, the people who I work with are lovely. And the bottle of Smirnoff and chocolate cake they got me didn't sway that statement at all. I had packed from the night before so all that needed prepping was the hair. I was going for the bendy rollers look again, and did this at work before flying out of the building, turning up the bashment tunes and putting my foot down to head to Birmingham. We had booked a Travelodge and had planned to drink before heading to a bar then club. We only made it to the club. I had all intentions of 'pacing' myself but that went out the window with the shitmix that consisted of vodka, wine, cherry sourz, apple juice, and lemonade. And also the fact that people figuratively throw drinks at you when it is your birthday. My twin and my bestie K (who is two days older) were celebrating too. 

I had tried to spend weeks deciding what to wear, then time ran away from me. The River Island skirt looked vile. I then had a back up outfit that I picked up in the Topshop sale. I liked but didn't love. It's an outfit that just isn't birtday special but I would have worn it if my second choice didn't arrive from Ebay. My new fave site. It was an asos playsuit that I won for £15 but is still on sale on their website for £38. Love a Bargain. I didn't have tit tape so had to use a paper clip to cover my modesty. This may be my new fave purchase. 

 Back up Topshop outfit...

 

My chosen asos outfit with Primark bag and River Island belt...

 

With these New Look shoes...
As you can see by the pic I had to put my hair back as the excitement got to me and I forgot to use hairspray, it dropped after one dance.

Saturday. One word to sum this day up. VILE. But let me elaborate. I'm sure I have an allergy to alcohol, yes that old story. This was the worse hangover of my life. That is 25 years we're talking about, well about 8 drinking years actually. Checked out at 12. My friends went to Frankie and Benny's for lunch whilst I lay in the back seat of my car and slept for 2 hours, before plucking up the courage to drive to my sister's house to devour a Maccies, catch up on Big Brother and wallow in self pity. I then ordered a chinese and saw in my birthday with a couple of friends and a glass of wine I forced down.

Sunday. Birthday. Big 25. A relaxing day at the spa with my sis, my friend, K and K's Mom, Auntie and Nan. It was amazing. I put my hair oil on my hair before getting into the steam room. I had a back massage and facial and the weather was so nice it would have been rude not to get into the outdoor pool, even let my hair get wet. I popped in on my Godfather before collecting my Bubz from his Grandma's. It was always tradition to spend some of our birthday with my Nan and Grandad, so it was a race to get to the cemetery to say hello and for Bubz to tell them about him winning a race at sports day before going for food with him and my sis. It was a perfect end to a great day, my Bubz sang us Happy Birthday before I showed him the watch he had bought me. He liked. 

New asos watch.

The day after your birthday is always disappointing. I spend about two months getting excited about the build up and the day, that after it is over I am on a massive comedown. It is now two days after my special day I am back in work, I am tired and now have 363 days to wait until my 26th. Booo.

Me and my sis 25 years on...


Rejuvenated after the spa....

Anyway, that's me done for today, but I would like to thank everyone who made my birthday special. For the presents, their cards, words and time. As K's card to me said 'God Bless you, and by his grace we will spend many more together.'



x

No comments:

Post a Comment