Thursday 19 April 2012

Welcome the change!



I know little about politics, even less of those in America but I remember the moment Obama was announced president. I waited up until 5am to watch it, and why? Because he was mixed race. Black to others who look at him and that moment right there I knew the world was set to change. My nan used to tell stories of not being allowed in certain places because the colour of her skin. My mom first generation British dealt with bullying at school, I have had chanted at me 'go back to Somalia' (I'm of Jamaican heritage) so Obama was a big deal.

This picture courtesy of blackmedia scoop.com shows Obama sitting on the same bus Rosa Parks refused to get off 56 years ago, and I find this image so poignant and thought provoking and it reminds me of a quote I once read.

ROSA PARKS SAT SO MARTIN LUTHER KING COULD WALK, MARTIN WALKED SO BARRACK OBAMA COULD RUN AND OBAMA IS RUNNING SO OUR CHILDREN CAN FLY!

No comments:

Post a Comment